SOTRAFA, S.A. belongs to the Armando Alvarez Group, the largest one transforming plastics in Spain.
is a manufacturer belonging to the Armando Alvarez Group, a leader in polyethylene film and sheet processing in Spain and one of the first in Europe, with an annual production of over 300.000 tones.
Since 2005 Sotrafa has manufactured and supplied more than 40 million square meters of Geomembrane for many applications, both hydraulic and environmental.
Our activity is designed to two different sections: agricultural and horticultural market development and environmental protection with our waterproofing géomembranes, used for a good water management an as insulator of polluting products and waste.
Our Range of Geomembranes:
- HDPE Geomembrane Alvatech 5002: High Density Polyethylene, smooth both sides.
- HDPE Geomembrane Alvatech FIX: High Density Polyethylene, structured one or two faces.
- Geomembrane Alvatech LLDPE: Low Linear Polyethylene.
- Geomembrane Alvatech VLDPE: Very Low Density Polyethylene.
- LDPE Geomembrane: Low Density Polyethylene waterproofing sheet.
- HDPE Profile Type “E”.
All the range of géomembranes are manufactured under the Quality Certification ISO 9001, comfortably complying with the quality standards required by current regulations in each market:
- European Standards: UNE-EN 13361:2005 (water reservoirs) // UNE-EN 13362:2006 (irrigation channels) // UNE-EN 13491: 2006 (tunnels and underground works) // UNE-EN 13492:2006 (landfill and liquid waste) // UNE-EN 13493:2006 (landfills and solids). And quality labels like ASQUAL.
- Standard GRI GM13 HDPE Geomembranes, smooth and structured.
- Standard GRI GM17 LLDPE Geomembranes, smooth and structured.
Manufacturing our products, we only use top brand resins that are 100% virgin. Depending on the thickness, Sotrafa guarantees a perfect performance of the geomembrane for 10 years.
HDPE Geomembrane Alvatech 5002
HDPE Geomembrane Alvatech FIX
- High Density Polyethylene, smooth both sides. With a specific formulation which improves the welding performance, emphasizing its mechanical properties and chemical resistance.
- Available in two widths: 5.8m and 7.5m
Geomembrane Alvatech LLDPE
- High Density Polyethylene, structured one or two faces, with an important quantity of spikes (57.000 spikes/m2). The spike height is greater than 0.8mm, giving a better friction coefficient on an inclined land with steep slopes. Available in 7.5m
Geomembrane Alvatech VLDPE
- Low Linear Polyethylene that provides high flexibility and welding properties. Used in landfill sealing, floating covers, etc and works that require a waterproofing barrier with greater stability than HDPE. Available also structured on one or two faces.
Advantages of Geomembranes Alvatech
- Very Low Density Polyethylene emphasizing its excellent welding properties and high flexibility. More flexible than the LLDPE.
- High chemical resistance: probably the polymer with the highest resistance to acid attack, alkalis, organic and inorganic solvents.
- High Mechanical resistance in a wide range of temperatures.
- Durability: many studies show that life expectancy of géomembranes is over 100 years, even exposed to weather conditions.
- Possibility of checking the tightness of the welds.
- The use of large sheet widths reduces the number of welds on site.
- Flexibility and versatility in a wide range of applications.
- Competitive prices of product and installation.
- Reservoirs: irrigation projects in agriculture, golf courses, snow reservoirs for producing artificial snow, power plants, and other industrial applications.
- Mining: Leaching of minerals, for metallic (Au, Ag, Cu,…) and non metallic mining (I, Li,…) and used to contain acids used in mineral leaching which can otherwise produce soil contamination.
- Landfills: municipal urban waste, manure from livestock farms, industrial tanks.
- Channels: Irrigation in agriculture projects, water transfers …
- Fish Farms
- Floating Covers: in order to reduce reservoir’s evaporation and deodorize waste ponds that emits toxic gases.
- Environmental Works: land decontamination, evaporation ponds, sewage plants, second containment barriers for oil and gas projects, leaching pads, seaports dredging.
- Underground works: tunnels, foundations waterproofing, to avoid dampness and as barrier against radon gas.
Paraje Cartabona 12
04710 Santa María del Águila
El Ejido, Almería
Phone: +34 950 40 5600
Fax: +34 950 580233